IMPORTANT: THIS IS A NON-URGENT SERVICE AND IS ONLY AVAILABLE DURING SURGERY OPENING HOURS. IF YOUR MATTER IS URGENT PLEASE CONTACT THE SURGERY BETWEEN 8AM-6:30PM
What is Patient Triage?
Patient triage is a way of contacting us through an online form. Access for this can be found on our home page, click the button contact us on line. This can also be found at the bottom of this information page.
Patient Triage is only available during our working hours and will be read by a member of our admin team within two working days.
You will see the following information at the top of your screen before you select an option:
'This will be read by a member of the team within 2 working days Monday - Friday. Our opening hours are Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm. If you are sending a photo of your issue please DO NOT include any intimate areas as this an inappropriate method of communication. If you have any queries please contact the surgery on 01386 765600 during our opening hours to discuss your issues further.
If you are seriously unwell, call 111 or 999'
This are 3 main requests that you can choose from to start your query, these are:
- I have an admin query
- I want help with a medical issue
- I want online advice
Please note selecting the online advice option will take you to the NHS UK website for you to source your own advice.
I have an admin query
Selecting this option will allow you to:
- Ask for a Doctors letter (please note letters from a GP are chargeable, you will be advised of the charge on completion of the letter, please note we cannot accept card payments for letters
- Request a fit (sick) note (please note you need to allow 3 working days for completion of a sick/fit note, sick/fit notes can not be pre-dated. They can only be completed by the GP on the day that they are due.)
- Questions about a referral (update/status)
- Repeat Prescription (please note you need to allow 3 working days to process this request. If you need your prescription sooner, please call us)
- Test Results (Blood Test, Scans, etc.)
- I need help with something else
I want help with a medical issue
Selecting this option will allow you to submit a request to get help regarding a medical issue. As stated above please do not send any urgent matter that requires immediate attention. The surgery has 2 working days to action these requests. If you matter is urgent, please contact the surgery.
You will be asked to answer the following questions if you select the medical issue option:
- Please describe the medical problem (you will have the option to attach up to 5 photos, as stated above DO NOT send any photos that show any intimate areas)
- How long have these symptoms or concerns been going on? Have they got better or worse?
- Is there anything you are particularly worried about? (this question is optional)
- How would you like us to help?
- Please enter any times during opening hours when we cannot contact you. (this question is optional but it will ensure we can contact you when you are available to take a call)
The surgery will only contact you within working hours Monday to Friday 8am - 6:30pm
I want online advice
Selecting this option will divert you to the NHS UK website for you to source additional information.
Medical Urgency Check
If you select 'I have an admin query' or alternatively 'I want help with a medical issue' you will be asked to confirm whether you are experiencing any of the below symptoms. If you select 'Yes, I have some on these symptoms' you will be advised to call 111 or 999.
You will be asked to provide your personal details before submitting your request. Providing this information will allow your GP to match your medical record to the request you have submitted in this form.
If you are submitting this form on behalf of someone else then you will be asked to provide your own details along with the person’s details that you are submitting this form. Examples of when and might be the case will include (but not limited to);
- You are the person’s guardian/parent.
- You are the person’s carer.
- You are the person's friend/translator
Once you have completed your details and entered your phone number (please note the mobile numbers needs to be a valid UK number) you will then be asked whether you have access to the phone this number is connected to.
As above, if you select 'yes' to having access to the mobile number you have submitted, you will be sent an authentication code to verify your mobile number and the details. Once the patient triage service has sent you the code you will see the screen below to input the code you have been sent.
Confirming your request
Once you have inputted all the relevant information that you need to and you have verified yourself using the code that you would of been sent you will then be able to recheck the information before you submit your final request. You will be able to check/confirm the following information:
- Confirm that all the information you have provided is relevant and accurate,
- Confirm that you have entered your personal details correctly,
- State the best method to contact you, Text message, Phone Call and/or Video Call (video calls will be done if medically suitable)
- If you would like to receive a confirmation text of your request once submitted.
Once you have submitted your request this will then be sent to the Administration Team at the surgery. The team will have 2 working days to read your request and then the normal procedures at the surgery will take effect for the waiting times for your request. These are as follows:
- Sick/Fit Notes: once we have read your request we will send your request to a GP to issue your sick note. You need to allow 3 working days for your sick note to be completed. If you have not heard from the surgery after this period then please contact the surgery. (Please note sick/fit notes can not be pre-dated. They can only be completed by the GP on the day that they are due.)
- Doctors Letter: If you are requesting a GP letter then as stated we will have 2 working days to read your request. Your request will then be sent to a GP. You then need to allow 21 working days for a letter to be completed. I (please note letters are delegated out to patients GP on a Monday morning, if you send your request after this time your request will not be given to a GP until the following Monday. Letters from the GP are chargeable, you will be informed of the charge for your letter upon completion, the surgery cannot accept card payments for letters)
- Repeat Prescriptions: If your request if for a repeat prescription then this follows the same procedure that is currently in place at the surgery. Once your request has been read (within 2 working days) you still need to then allow the 3 working days for your prescription request to be actioned.